- 5 strips of bacon, thick cut and diced
- chopped shallot
- 1 regular sized potato, peeled and diced (medium)
- 1 regular sized carrot, shredded
- 4 black garlic bulbs, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 tsp. flour
- 2 tsp. hot sauce
- 480 ml cups cream
- 240 ml chicken stock
- 1 bay leave
- 5 tsp. of your favourite peppers
- Salt and black pepper
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp. thyme
- Use medium-high heat to fry bacon until crisp
- Place fried bacon onto a plate with paper towels
- Add shallots to the pot/pan in which the bacon was fried. Cook while stirring regularly until the shallots have a soft texture
- Add the black garlic, carrot, potato and celery. Cook for about 2 minutes
- Add the flour, while stirring enough that the vegetables are covered.
- Chicken stock whisking with cream and hot sauce – also add the bay leaf.
- Set stove heat to medium-high and boil the mixture, after which the heat must be lowered to medium-low. Wait for veggies to soften.
- After removing the pan/pot from the heat, add cayenne and let it stand/cool
- Now add the cheese and thyme and wait for the cheddar to melt
- Stir in the fried bacon and add salt and pepper to taste
- Serve immediately.